We supply a jamb kit (timber lining kit) with our Eclisse Classic Pocket Door Systems i.e. those that require finishing off with architrave. Not all pocket door suppliers provide a professional jamb kit with their products so please bear this in mind when doing your product research.
Note: Our Syntesis Flush range of pocket doors do not require finishing with decorative architrave and do not require a jamb kit.
What is a jamb kit?
The jamb kit is a timber lining kit that is attached to the pocket door framework that covers the edges of the door when it is closed so you cannot see the top of the door or into the pocket.It gives the pocket door installation a professional finish.
Not just any piece of wood
The jambs are made from unfinished finger jointed fir or finger jointed fir with a thin cherry walnut veneer; paint or stain ready.
What does it contain?
The jamb kit is made up of:
- (A) Top horizontal header pieces, supplied as one length, to be cut into two as required.
- (B) 2x pocket entrance verticals (one for each side of the pocket entrance).
- (C) 1x recessed doorpost - supplied only for the single pocket door system
- Plus brushes and rubber bumpers (pull apart to create two strips of bumpers). Note: we supply you two sets of brushes 15mm and 10mm to cope with both 35mm and 44mm thick doors.
Note: We do not supply the final architrave i.e. the decorative architrave that you see around traditional doors. You will want to source decorative architrave to match the rest of the property.
The jamb kit for a single door
This includes a recessed doorpost. Note: the are two versions of this jamb kit. One for a 100mm finished wall thickness and one for a 125mm finished wall thickness. You will be asked to specify which you require when ordering your single pocket door frame.
The jamb kit for a double door
Double pocket doors do not require a door post so the jamb kit for the double pocket door system is slightly different. Note: the are two versions of this jamb kit. One for a 100mm finished wall thickness and one for a 125mm finished wall thickness. You will be asked to specify which you require when ordering your single pocket door frame.
Why is it important?
- The jamb kit gives the pocket door a professional finish.
- The brushes protect the pocket and stop you from being able to see into the pocket.
- The recessed door post means that the door will slide into the recess and so you will not see a chink of light at the edge of the door when it is shut.The tiny rubber bumpers means that the door will close more quietly.
If you have any further questions about the Eclisse jamb kit please give our friendly Customer Service Team a call on 0845 4811977.